Doing the same exercises over and over can get boring fast. This not only affects your physical performance but your mental performance too. Try to add Zottman Curls exercise while staying at home.
You can perform this classic biceps workout without any equipment or machine need. Just you want is a pair of dumbbells or resistance bands.
Benefits of Zottman Curls
Adding Zottman Curls to your workouts will help boost muscle growth while making your workouts fresh and interesting.
The forearms are neither the easiest nor the most exciting part of your body to train. Bigger brachioradialis muscles will add a lot of your upper arm shape and size.
Zottman curls are basically a biceps curl on the way up, and a reverse curl on the way down. Reverse curls are a very useful forearm exercise.
That’s helpful if you don’t have a lot of workout time but still want to train your upper and lower arms. With this exercise, you can do both in one move.
However, that doesn’t mean you should avoid them, because a strong grip will be a major boon when you attempt all manner of other lifts.
You’ll definitely regret spending all your time on squats when you could have been building stronger forearms.
How To Perform The Zottman Curl
- Grab a pair of light dumbbells using a false or thumbless grip.
- Start with a supine grip, palms facing upwards.
- Now start the movement by flexing your bicep and curling upwards as you do with a normal dumbbell curl.
- In the fully contracted position, flex for 1-2-seconds, then rotate your wrist and forearm so that you’re now using a prone or palms-facing-down grip.
- Lower the weight into a full stretch through your biceps and forearms.
- Repeat with the other arm, moving back and forth from arm to arm until all reps are completed.
Pump up your arm workouts with a few sets of Zottman curls. They provide your biceps and your forearms with a boost that should trigger new muscle growth and size.